Thursday, September 27, 2012

Runaways

The emotional roller coaster you go on during a deployment is absolutely ridiculous, and I have to say it peaks when you hit that 11 month mark. I was starting to feel very very anxious. I would randomly just break down and cry without even realizing it. I literally felt like I was suffocating. I thought for sure I hit my limit and was going to break at any second. Then throw in all the stress of having my little baby starting kindergarten, yup I was going crazy. So I started thinking to myself how I wished so badly I could just runaway from all this madness.
So that's what I did.
I decided to pack up my girls and head for the beach. I was TERRIFIED to drive there on my own but I was that desperate to get away. 
It was a 6 hour drive to the beach in Connecticut. So worth it. It was exactly what I needed. Not only was I able to just get away with my babies for a bit but I gained so much confidence in myself knowing that I did it all on my own. The drive was probably the most relaxing part of the whole trip.
I was really kicking myself afterwards though that I wasn't out exploring from the beginning of this deployment. Probably would have saved me from a few breakdowns.







 Now I'm itching to go again!

2 comments:

Lora said...

You totally should! :)

Kelli J. said...

You are amazing! I didn't do it with kids. I can't imagine how hard it must be. Hang in there!!!